1. Manulife Investment Plus (the “Plan”) is not available for policy applications and cannot continue to be marketed to the public in Hong Kong. All information about the Plan in this website is only for existing policyowners of the Plan. Being an investment-linked assurance scheme, the Plan is an insurance policy issued by Manulife (International) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) (“Manulife”). Your investments in the Plan are therefore subject to the credit risks of Manulife.
2. The investment choices available under the Plan can have very different features and risk profiles. Some may be of high risk. Please read the offering document of the Plan and offering documents of the underlying funds involved for details.
3. Return on your investments is calculated or determined by Manulife with reference to the performance of the underlying funds/assets.
4. Return of your investments may be lower than that of the corresponding SFC-authorised funds due to the fees and charges levied under the Plan.
5. The premiums you pay towards the insurance policy will become part of the assets of Manulife. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against Manulife only.
6. Early surrender of the policy or partial withdrawal from the policy value may result in a significant loss of principal and/or bonuses to be awarded. Poor performance of the underlying funds/assets may further magnify the investment losses, while all fees and charges are still deductible.
7. The return of some of the investment choices is calculated with reference to pools of assets internally managed by Manulife on a discretionary basis not authorised by the SFC under the Code on Unit Trusts and Mutual Funds.
8. Investment involves risk. You should not purchase this Plan unless you understand it and it has been explained to you how it is suitable for you. The final decision is yours.
9. Please note the following in respect of the two investment choices, Manulife Inv China A Fund and the Manulife Inv China Bond Fund (“China Market Investment Choices”) available under the Plan.
• They are denominated in United States Dollars (“USD”) only and not in Renminbi (“RMB”) as the underlying funds use the Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor (“QFII”) regime, the Bond Connect and/or the Foreign Access Regime and/or other means as may be permitted by the relevant regulations from time to time to invest primarily in relevant securities in Mainland China;
• They are subject to the redemption limit and settlement limit due to the restrictions and requirements relating to investment of the underlying funds via QFII regime and China Interbank Bond Market, including repatriation limits;
• Redemption from the China Market Investment Choices will require longer time due to the current dealing arrangement under the QFII regime; the Bond Connect and/or the Foreign Access Regime and redemption limit imposed on the underlying funds. Any unexecuted redemption requests on each dealing day will be carried forward to the next dealing day. Policyowners may receive redemption proceeds different from their expectation due to various factors, including market value movement and RMB exchange risk;
• They are subject to an exit fee as set out in Section 11 of Annex in the Principal Brochure - Product Brochure of the Plan in addition to the fees and charges, including an early redemption fee, currently applicable to the Plan as stated in the Principal Brochure. Unlike other investment choices under the Plan, the exit fee of the China Market Investment Choices is deducted from the redemption amount upon policy cancellation or termination during the cooling-off period, switching out, partial withdrawal or policy surrender;
• They are eligible as the basis of calculating annual bonus in respect of the premium paid but notional units of the China Market Investment Choices will not be allocated as regards annual bonus to be credited to the policy. If the policy has notional units only in any of the China Market Investment Choices and/or any other investment choices which are not open for subscription, annual bonus credited to the policy will be added to the account value of the Manulife Inv Amundi Cash Fund;
• Policyowners holding notional units of the China Market Investment Choices should note that they are permitted to switch out to Manulife Inv Amundi Cash Fund only. No switching into the China Market Investment Choices is permitted currently; and
• They are exposed to currency risks due to the underlying funds’ engagement in multi-currency conversions.
The product key facts statements of the underlying funds corresponding to the China Market Investment Choices are distributed together with the Principal Brochure of the Plan. You are strongly advised to read the product key facts statements of the underlying funds in conjunction with the Principal Brochure of the Plan. The offering documents of the underlying funds corresponding to the China Market Investment Choices will be made available by Manulife upon request. You are also advised to read these documents to understand the features and associated risks of the underlying funds.
10. The underlying funds of some of the investment choices are derivative funds with net derivative exposure exceeding 50% of their net asset value. They may only be suitable for investors who understand the complicated structure of derivative product and the associated risks. You may incur significant loss if investing in such investment choices. You are strongly advised to exercise caution in relation to such investment choices. Please read the offering documents (including the product key facts statements) of the underlying funds for details of risks associated with the underlying funds.
11. Each of the investment choices denoted by their names ended with “(dist)” (collectively, the “Payout Distribution Investment Choices”) is an investment choice with feature of aiming to distribute dividend payout on a regular basis. By choosing the Payout Distribution Investment Choices, you will receive the payouts if dividends are received by Manulife from the corresponding underlying funds. However, please note that:
• The corresponding underlying funds do not guarantee distribution of dividends, the frequency of distribution, and the amount or rate of dividends.
• Each of the underlying funds linked to the Payout Distribution Investment Choices may at its discretion pay dividend out of capital or gross income while charging / paying all or part of its fees and expenses to / out of its capital (i.e. effectively pay dividend out of capital). Such payment of dividends out of capital amounts to a return or withdrawal of part of the original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that original investment, and may result in an immediate reduction of the net asset value per share of the underlying funds after the distribution date, which may have a negative impact on the prices of the respective Payout Distribution Investment Choices. Please also note that a positive distribution yield does not imply a positive return.
• The dividend payouts from the Payout Distribution Investment Choices will reduce the policy value and therefore the death benefit payable may be reduced as compared to the investment choices with dividend reinvestment.
• It may also lead to termination of the policy if the policy value drops to zero.
• You should not choose these Payout Distribution Investment Choices unless you understand them and they have been explained to you how they are suitable for you
12. You should not invest solely based on the information in this website. Please read the offering document of the Plan for details including the risk factors, charges and features of the product.
This webpage is issued by Manulife (International) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability).